Terms & Conditions
1. To reserve a property the client should complete and sign the SkiMottaret booking form sent to you after making your enquiry and return it together with payment of the initial non refundable deposit (25% of the total rent due). Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, SkiMottaret will send a confirmation invoice and statement. This is the formal acceptance of the booking.
2. The balance of the rent, together with the security deposit (see clause 4) is payable not less than 56 days before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, SkiMottaret reserves the right to give notice in writing that the rental is cancelled. The client will remain liable to pay the balance. Reservations made within 56 days of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
3. Taxe de Sejour (local tourist tax) and chargeable expenses arising during the rental period must be settled locally with our local managing agents.
4. A €/£200 security deposit is required in case of damage to the property or its contents. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the client's liability to SkiMottaret.
5. SkiMottaret will account to the client for the security deposit and refund the balance due within 14 days after the end of the rental period.
6. The rental period shall typically commence at 8am and finish at 8pm on the last day unless agreed otherwise. SkiMottaret shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation or any of its facilities before the time stated and the client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated.
7. The maximum number to reside in the property must not exceed six persons.
8. The client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. Although a final clean is included in our Winter Season prices SkiMottaret reserve the right to make a retention from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning costs if the client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition. The client also agrees not to act in any way which would cause disturbance to those resident in neighbouring properties and to abide by the rules of the building's management.
9. The client shall report to local management agents without delay, any breakdown in equipment or defects in the property. Arrangements for repair or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
10. SkiMottaret shall not be liable to the client:
for any temporary defects or stoppage in the supply of public services to the property, nor in respect of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the property.
for any loss damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of SkiMottaret.
for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the client if the property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, SkiMottaret shall, with seven days of notification to the client refund to the client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
11. Under no circumstances shall SkiMottaret liability to the client exceed the amount paid to SkiMottaret for the rental period. This contract shall be governed by English law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in England. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in England.